Sunday, April 10, 2011

Performance Podcast: "Warrior": Sexual Assult Center fundraiser - 2010



Catching up on my posts...

I don't record most of my performances, but I'm trying to get more into the habit. Local celebrity Glenn Eilers gifted me with a great handheld to encourage just that and I need to remember to use it more often. I should especially have it to hand during the campaign.

This recording was made during Sexual Assault Center of Edmonton fundraiser event on Apr 15, 2010.

One of my favourite pieces.  It's performed a cappella, which is darn helpful since I don't play instruments that can easily accompany me.  I'm also moved by the memories of performing this song on stage with Heather Bishop during the few years I volunteered with Edmonton Vocal Minority.

Many of the other performers on hand that evening are included after.  An honour to donate my time to this invaluable cause!

Podcast: Warrior

by The Wyrd Sisters

I was a shy and lonely girl
with the heavens in my eyes
and as I walked along the lane
I heard the echoes of her cries

I cannot fight
I cannot a warrior be
it’s not my nature nor my teaching
it is the womanhood in me

I was a lost and angry youth
there were no tears in my eyes
I saw no justice in my world
only the echoes of her cries

I cannot fight
I cannot a warrior be
it’s not my nature nor my teaching
it is the womanhood in me

I am an older woman now
and I will heed my own cries
and I will a fierce warrior be
’til not another woman dies

I can and will fight
I can and will a warrior be
it is my nature and my duty
it is the womanhood in me

I can and will fight
I can and will a warrior be
it is my nature and my duty
it is the sisterhood in me

No comments:

Post a Comment